Communications and Technology committee is developing a new member services website that will go into service for the March registration period. The website will go into service without member services for the December registration period. We are far enough along that members are welcome to visit and look around.
The new system offers a number of advantages.
- A single sign-in allows access to members only content and to membership renewal and registration services.
- The new system has a proper password recovery procedure.
- The new system has a nice page layout manager and ability to include dynamic content in pages.
- The new system supports blogs and forums. We use blogs for announcements and forums for committee discussions.
- The new system has robust membership and event purchase logic.
- The new system supports members only content.
- The new system supports member-group only content that committees may use for discussion or to store work products
- The new system has a robust member Emailing capability
- The new system supports most of our member service policies including last quarter free when joining in March to May.
- The new system will let us carry credit balances in lieu of refund vouchers.
- The new system has more flexible payment options.
- The new system complies with the EU data privacy rules and user opts-in rule. You control your visibility to our members and the Emails you receive
- The new system sends renewal reminders.
- The new system sends class reminders.